It is almost autumn and it couldn’t be more wonderful! Bright orange pumpkins, crunchy leaves all around, crispier mornings, apple pies, hot coffee and sweater weather are all reminding us that autumn brings a lot of happiness and enjoyment and that as any other seasonal transition, the summer to autumn transition also has some requirements in order to get all the advantage of the season. Of course, it wouldn’t be such a pleasure, if we spend all our days in thorough house cleaning, intensive upholstery cleaning and even some more specific job like end of tenancy and after-builders cleaning, considering the fact that for many people the end of the summer is the exact time for some major changes like home renovation and improvement and moving into a new home (there are so many professional cleaning contractors out there to help you out in these missions). However, a few simple and easy autumn chores you are going to cross in your list are definitely the way to start the season. What do we mean?
For a start, autumn is definitely making us happy with some warm and enjoyable days, but there are some brisk and breezy days the season surprises us with and these are the perfect time for you to conquer deep cleaning chores and tasks and make your home extra warm, extra cosy and extra comfortable.
Start wrapping up summer’s outdoor lifestyle and getting ready for the winter days by:
Outside the house:
- Clean all patio furniture and elements like umbrellas, grills, etc. Do not forget the children’s outdoor toys as well as the pool!
- Refresh your like with a quick paint touch up on trim, railings and decks. Use a wire brush to remove the flaking paint and cover it with a new, fresh layer.
- Check caulk around windows and doors and re-caulk of needed to keep your home extra warm during winter.
- Do not forget the external doors and garage doors – inspect them and make sure to fix all problems they may have and improve the condition, make sure they close tightly. Install weather-stripping, door thresholds too, if needed.
- Wash exterior windows and make them sparkling clean.
- Drain and store back the garden hoses you have used during summer. Also, install some insulation covers on exterior spigots. If winter in your town is way too freezing cold, make sure to have sprinkler systems blown free of water.
- Clean gutters and downspouts if necessary and consider installing heating cable to prevent ice damages.
- Have chimneys and flues inspected, if needed. This time is your last chance to get them ready for winter when the cosy fireplace is going to make your feet and soul toasty hot!
Stay tuned for part two of the series, when we are going to talk about how to prepare your home for autumn too, but this time from inside.
Making sure you clean and disinfect these top ten corners and nooks of your house guarantees you can enjoy a fresh and healthy home.
Take advantage of the still warmer autumnal days and take care of all these household chores you have missed during the year!
Do you want to return your plastic cutting board to its former glory? It is easy to do so with one ingredient only!
Even the most experienced cleaning enthusiast is nothing without a good schedule. Find out how to make a good schedule!